OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a free and open map of the world. Government agencies, nonprofit organizations, private companies, and civic tech groups alike use OpenStreetMap for projects.
At this workshop, you'll get an introduction to OpenStreetMap - what it is, how it works, and how you can use the map for your own projects.
What we'll cover:
- What is OpenStreetMap
- Why is OpenStreetMap important, what is it used for, and project examples
- How data is structured and the basics of tags
- The different ways to download data and the pros and cons of each
- Basics of editing data yourself
- How to get involved in the OSM community
Food and beverages will be provided.
What to bring:
- a computer
- an excited spirit!
Presented by: Azavea
Visit azavea.com/directions for information about public transportation, bicycle storage, and parking.
- Twitter Hashtag
- Handicap Accessible