Philadelphia Futurism: a local take on the next 20 years
The world will change more in the next 20 years than in the past 300 years. Artificial intelligence, self driving cars, robotics, the blockchain, the internet of things–the list goes on! Exponential technologies will produce waves of change, some good, others not so good. How will Philadelphia ride those waves? Will we drive change, or will we be driven by it?
Join us for this exciting presentation and discussion, where a diverse panel of local experts will help us explore how the technological “Megashifts” of today will affect the Philadelphia of tomorrow.
Refreshments will be provided.
- Presentation on the Technological Megashifts of the Next 20 years. (30min.)
- Presentation Q&A (10min.)
- Break: Refreshments & Connections
- Moderated Panel Discussion: How will Philadelphia ride the waves of change? (30min.)
- Panel Q&A: Panel takes questions from the audience. (30min.)
- John Cardone, Co-Founder & CEO at Being Design Inc.
- Cat McManus, Ed.D, Research Consultant for EdTech
- Archna Sahay, Senior Consultant, J. Nowak Strategy
- Elissa Klinger, SM, Assistant Director, Center for Digital Health
- Jon Geeting, Director of Engagement, Philadelphia 3.0
- Julie Hancher, Editor in Chief of Green Philly Blog, Founder of SustainPHL
- Sean Vereen, Ed.D, President, Steppingstone Scholars, Inc
The event will take place at the Public Health Management Corporation, in their beautiful event space on the Lower Mezzanine, which is one floor above the lobby. The PHMC is in the Center Square building, which is conveniently located in the heart of Philadelphia.
Guests should enter the lobby and head to the East Tower Security Desk. Just tell them you're here for Philly Tech week, and they will direct you to the left elevators. Once in the elevator, simply push LM, for Lower Mezzanine.